Major indices open mixed
US stock market is open with the Dow higher. The Nasdaq and S&P is lower. The S&P and NASDAQ have been up for five consecutive days and closed at record levels yesterday. It was the NASDAQ index is 51st new all-time high for the year. The NASDAQ has made 30 new highs in 2021.
A snapshot of the market currently shows
- Dow up 54 points or 0.15% 35459.97
- S&P down 2.2 points or -0.05% at 4493.58
- NASDAQ index -3.42 points or -0.03% of 15038.44
In other markets:
- Spot gold is trading down $3.39 or -0.18% $1786.76
- Spot silver is down $0.23 or -1% at $23.60
- WTI crude oil futures are trading down $-0.98 at $67.38
- bitcoin is down around $2000 and $47,088.21
In the US debt market, yields are modestly changed with gains and losses less than one basis point.
In the forex market, the USD is now the strongest of the majors after GDP and Bullards continued hawkish comments.